*Dead fish disclaimer*
A few weeks ago I noticed that one of our two remaining adult fish was looking a bit strange. It seemed bent and
curved. Eric and I joked that it needed to see a chiropractor. I
looked up "bent fish" on the internet and couldn't believe the results.
One of the main causes for bent backs in a fish is TB!! Yep
tuberculosis! It's similar to the strand that humans get and can be
passed on to human handlers. But it's also very contagious to the other
fish and can't be washed out of the tank, rendering the tank, pump,
everything useless. So Eric carefully caught the fish and we put it
in a bag. William and Samuel wanted to see it, Matthew was too busy
playing to come see. So far all our other fish seem fine. After we
killed it I read one note about bent fish that said it's a sign of old
age in fish. Really?! I just killed a healthy yet old fish?! It acted
fine, eating normally and swimming around, not like a fish would if it
was sick. Oh well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment