Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Alarm Clock

One of the worst things invented was the alarm clock. No one should be forced to pull themselves out of a deep sleep. The body will naturally wake up when it's rested. We have had an alarm clock that goes off at 8 in the morning for the past week. Now for some of you that's sleeping in, but for Eric and I that's about the time we start kicking each other saying "you get up with William," or "it's your turn to change William's diaper." We enjoy those last few moments of bliss in bed before we raise to conquer the day. This new alarm clock does not belong to us though. We don't set it and there's no snooze button. It is in fact the neighbor with a jackhammer. Apparently there is a water leak and they have been breaking up the concrete to dig up the pipe and find the leak. Now after a week of waking up to one of the most annoying sounds in the world we hope this will be solved soon. Eric reminds me that at least he doesn't start until 8 AM. This is so true! But I still wish I could hit the snooze on this alarm clock, roll over and go back to bed.

3 comments:

Rosander said...

That hours thins is so funny. I am not really a fan of Alarm clocks ether.

Audrey said...

What a pain. Hopefully he doesn't accidentally hit the pipe with the jackhammer and cause bigger problems. I saw the cute picture of William reading on his potty, how is the potty training going?

brittani c. said...

I hear ya, Jess. I hate waking up to several alarms in the morning (we both get up at different times). That is why I love the weekends: no alarm clock. We'll enjoy it while we can.