Thursday, October 9, 2008

Pregnancy Pains

Disclaimer: My purpose of this is not to complain but to share a bit of how my pregnancy is going.

Some women have bad cases of morning sickness. Others gain weight. Some can't eat certain things or be around smelly stuff. Me... I don't go through any of that. Here I am approaching the end of the first trimester without those miserable pains. However I do have one pain and it's a literal pain in the butt. When I was pregnant with William I ended up going to a physical therapist to work on my lower back and the pain in my backside. It was determined that as my uterus grew it was pinching my sciatic nerve that caused pain to go from my lower right back to the back of my knee. Well I was hoping to avoid this particular pain, but alas it is somewhat of a trade off for not suffering from the other stuff. Eric has taken the role of physical therapist seriously. He enjoys rubbing as hard as he can even after there are tears in my eyes. William also helps him out from time to time but generally doesn't like to see me cry and will say "stop Daddy, Mommy owie." While I'm deeply grateful for not suffering from the other pregnancy pains I still have one to deal with that makes it difficult to walk, stand or sit for any lengths of time. But again I will gladly deal with the pain in my butt than having to worship the porcelain god every morning. So as I did with William, I can say to our next child "you were a pain in mommy's butt."

3 comments:

Brey, Hillary, Leila & Lydia said...

it's amazing what we go through for our children!! I appreciate my mom even more having gone through it and said 'thanks for having me, because i wouldn't have' (we get REALLY sick wtih pregnacies)

Leah said...

Oi! Misery. I'm glad you're so positive about it and I'm glad things are going so well!

brittani c. said...

What a great support Eric is during all this! I hope you will get some pain relief soon! Take care.