Sunday, October 2, 2011

Picture a day- Day one

In effort to capture the day to day things that happen in our lives, I've decided to take at least one picture a day for this month. I won't be posting all of them but I'm hoping this will help me remember what we do daily and not just the special occasions. Yes I'm a day late in starting so there will be two for today.

The first one is of our trip back to Fish Lake. We fished off the dock. The boys had their snacks and I walked up and down the pathways with the younger two while Eric and William baited and waited. On our way back I noticed Eric was moving the pole more than usual and sure enough he said they caught one. He was a little disappointed that the fish didn't put up a fight and it swallowed the bait/hook right after they dropped it in the water. Now we'd been fishing for at least 30 minutes before they caught it so I was just glad they caught something. Eric wanted a more playing- hard- to- get- experience. Anyway William was happy to get one, Matthew wanted nothing to do with the fish, and Samuel just wanted to dig into the snack bag. Once Eric got the hook out we did let the fish go. William was upset by the fact that the fish was bleeding and that we hurt it. He said next time we should keep it and someone should eat it.

Here's the younger two holding hands and walking. It was a nice day out and we had the area all to ourselves.

No comments: