I've been spending some time (ok a lot of time) on Pinterest. I found an activity for the boys using marshmallows and toothpicks. The idea was to have them create shapes with them. I had some shape flash cards and I put those out for them to follow. As soon as the bowls were on the table the boys dug in! They would put one marshmallow in their mouth, then would put one on a toothpick. Matthew just stuck one marshmallow on each of his toothpicks, while William did his best to match the picture. Samuel, just wanted to eat the marshmallows. It was fun, but I need an outside activity to follow that since everyone was hyper.
(Oh and that paper next to William is a money song. We're also teaching him the value of coins)
Another activity that I found on Pinterest was a math game. Just needed egg carton, and two markers/beans/counters. For William I wrote the numbers 0-10 and a starting place for the counters, in our case buttons. Then you shake the carton and whatever numbers the buttons landed on he had to add them together. He loves it! He knows addition really well so this just gives him more practice. One thing I did find was that my egg carton had holes in the top, so when William shook it the buttons would fall out. I just put packing tape over the holes for now. Next time I'll get some egg cartons that are just flat tops.
Matthew loves his little brother. What we're trying to teach him now is personal space. Thankfully Samuel doesn't mind having Matthew ALL OVER him! We try to keep Matthew away but he always ends up right back with Samuel. Here they are watching TV. The whole couch was free but Matthew had to sit right behind Samuel.
No comments:
Post a Comment