Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The cake

Six layer fruit trifle cake made by Eric and Jess
Whose birthday is it anyway?
William could barely contain himself once he saw the cake... or maybe it was the candles since he blew them out before the song was done. At the end of his first serving he had eaten just the cake pieces and left all the fruit. After explaining to him that he would not get anymore til he ate all the fruit he dug in again but this time left all the strawberries.
"William, the strawberries are good for you!" I said. "No I don't like strawberries," replies William. "Ok then mommy is going to eat them." (knowing that those strawberries were $4.99 a pint). I left one in his bowl and he dutifully scooped it up and said "Mommy you missed one! It's very good for you! You need to eat it!" It was a great cake.

1 comment:

brittani c. said...

I would have eaten those strawberries. The trifle cake looks delicious...Eric helped make it? Way to go!