Friday, November 30, 2012

Mad Hatter

I've learned a few things. One: I like to make things with my hands. Two: The thumb is as vital as the heart! Three: While I can make four hats in one week, it's not a great idea to do so.
Anyway remember this hat? It was one of my very first and I gave it to a special little boy. Well when I learned that I did the wrong stitch I had to fix it.
 See the difference?! Same materials, different shape hat! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to reuse the yarn but I managed to find my ends and take it all apart.

 This is how it's suppose to look!
 Samuel wanted to make sure it was done right this time.


Since I made a hat for his little brother I had to make one for big brother J. I found a Captain America hat pattern here and got to work. I had to make up the wing pattern since the pattern I followed didn't work for some reason. I love the end result and so does J!
(P.S. I made a crown for sister but haven't gotten a pic so I'll have to get over and snap a few.)

 I made this sweet hat for another neighbor friend. It actually fit her! I learned that my gray yarn is a tighter weave than the others, thus making a tighter looking hat. Hope you like it Miss A!


This last hat I made for my brothers' daughter. I found the pattern then called my sister in law to see if she would like it. She said that since she's a baby it won't matter but mom would like it! So away I went. This took a bit longer only because I had to wait til Thanksgiving to finish it at my in laws. See the nose? I didn't want to buy a whole skein for such a little thing so I waited til I could raid Mama's stash to finish it. 
Samuel was not as willing to model this hat for me.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

Those are super cute! Nice work.