Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This will be a pictureless post. Why? Because I left my camera at home. And that's not all I left but I'll get to that later. This year we made our way to the Nielsen home to celebrate with family. The day of I was babysitting and the boys were playing their hearts out. I mentioned to Eric the night before that we would leave the next day to give me more time to get ready. Well after seeing the boys get all their energy out I thought it would be great if they slept in the car on the drive. So I packed everything up and cleaned the house once the kids left. (I hate coming home to a dirty house so before any trip I have to clean.) I texted Eric that I was waiting for him outside his building. He was surprised since the last he heard was that we weren't leaving til the next day. But once he had me pick up a few things that he needed from the house we were off. We made it over safe and settled into hanging with the family. It wasn't until that next morning when Eric mentioned that he was going to the store with Papa that I realized I left something kinda important behind..... My Purse!!! Yep I did. Oh well I wasn't planning on going to the Black Friday sales anyway but I still can't believe I forgot my purse. And the camera. Despite those forgotten items we had a great time. Wonderful food and great company. How can you not have fun with 10 kids 12 and under running through the house?!

Oh and other thing happened during that weekend. Eric and I celebrated our 8th anniversary. We went out to see the movie Red Dawn which was good. I'm so thankful for a wonderful, loving, patient, funny, hard working, good listener, kind, smart, and near perfect husband!

No comments: