I started this cross stitch that I got from my mom's old craft box last October. I finished it 10 months later. I can blame the long time on our move, needing more thread, being an old pattern that didn't show the finished product in color, sore fingers and thumb and on and on. But it's done. I needed help from both moms to get it completed.
My reasoning for even tackling this project was simple. I read somewhere that to promote brain activity and memory you should learn new things or do things differently (like brush your teeth with your non dominate hand) Well since this pattern had a "stitch over print" I figured it should give me a good challenge and help stimulate brain activity. Well it also produced sore thumb and fingers, as well as tears of frustration. It also created loss of sleep since once I got things going I didn't want to stop so I skipped nap time and stayed up late when working on it. I could also do it while being downstairs with the boys. Now I should say I didn't work on this everyday for the last 10 months. As I completed the boarder I did work on it everyday but that was like for a week and only for a few minutes at a time. I would cut the thread and finish two strands (of 6) and then "come up for air" and repeat. This method forced me to take a break and also give my eyes and break. Yeah another down side :)
Looking at it now I am proud of my work. Will I do another one? Not anytime soon. But I have been bored so I might need to look into knitting or crocheting. Wonder long that will take :)

My reasoning for even tackling this project was simple. I read somewhere that to promote brain activity and memory you should learn new things or do things differently (like brush your teeth with your non dominate hand) Well since this pattern had a "stitch over print" I figured it should give me a good challenge and help stimulate brain activity. Well it also produced sore thumb and fingers, as well as tears of frustration. It also created loss of sleep since once I got things going I didn't want to stop so I skipped nap time and stayed up late when working on it. I could also do it while being downstairs with the boys. Now I should say I didn't work on this everyday for the last 10 months. As I completed the boarder I did work on it everyday but that was like for a week and only for a few minutes at a time. I would cut the thread and finish two strands (of 6) and then "come up for air" and repeat. This method forced me to take a break and also give my eyes and break. Yeah another down side :)
Looking at it now I am proud of my work. Will I do another one? Not anytime soon. But I have been bored so I might need to look into knitting or crocheting. Wonder long that will take :)
1 comment:
I love that saying. We do a lot of "make it do" around here. Nice job on the cross-stitch...the last time I did one, I was probably in Merrie Miss. There are a lot of things in life that I don't have patience for, and cross-stitching is one of them. :)
Post a Comment